A nonprofit organization is a business that has been granted tax-exempt status as they further social causes and provide a public benefit. As such, proper bookkeeping and auditing may be required to maintain a 501(c)(3) status. SMC has experience working in many of the different capacities with nonprofits such as schools, PTAs, and other charitable organizations. Contact us for more details.
Depending on your revenue, an audit may be required to ensure proper accounting for membership funds. We are happy to assist you in your auditing needs.
- Revenue $0-10K | Audit $50
- Revenue $10-25K | Audit $100
- Revenue $25-50K | Audit $150
- Revenue $50-100K | Audit $200
- Revenue $100-200K | Audit $250
- Revenue >$200K | Call for quote.
We use the same approach to bookkeeping as we do with our for profit customers. We utilize Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) on all transactions and procedures, and your monthly fee includes a QuickBooks Online subscription.
- Revenue $50-100K | $150/month
- Revenue $100-250K | $200/month
- Revenue $250-500K | $250/month
Even as nonprofit organizations are tax-exempt, they still have to report their income and expenses to the IRS. SMC can assist you with your 990.
- Revenue $50-100K | $100 per return
- Revenue $100-200K | $250 per return
- Revenue $200-500K | $500 per return
- Revenue >$500K | Call for quote.